Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Land!

Right now it's almost 9am and we are passing one of the islands of the Azore chain of islands.  Took lots of picture which don't do any justice, but it's pretty cool to finally see some land after days of water.  We're also far away from the hurricanes so we have a calm sea which makes everything a little more pleasant. 
 
I'm taking 4 classes during this voyage.  One is global studies, we all take this to prepare ourselves for each port and a globalized world.  The second is environmental psychology, or basically the think between physical design and what that does on the human condition.  Kind of a perfect marriage of my first college major and the one I actually graduated with.  Thirdly, I'm taking Intro to Anthro, which has always kind of interested me and what better way to explore culture than when I'm sailing to 13 cutlures?  Finally I'm taking Higher Ed. in the Global World, which is taught by a guy who has infinite experience in it.  I'm pretty sure my future lies somewhere in higher ed.  Class sizes are awesome, maybe 12 tops in my classes except global studies, which is something I'm definitely not use to.
 
But my boss just showed up at work (half hour late) so I guess I should go do some work.. Next post should be all about Spain!