Thursday, September 30, 2010

What I'm excited for in South Africa

1.  post-Apartheid, whats it like now??
2.  Pulling into Cape Town at sunrise and seeing Table Mountain, then hiking up it
3.  Visit townships and hopefully making some kids day better
4.  Eating at some of the top 100 restaurants in the world for $20
5.  Nelson Mandela's cell on Robben Island
6.  Bike N' Wine Tour!
7.  per Kaeleigh Farrish, Melissa's and the waterfront (don't be that this isn't further up!)
8.  returning someday to do everything I cannot do because 6 days is not nearly enough for this country!
 
Also, it is literally insane how many networking opportunities are available on this ship.  Today alone I'm having dinner with a New York Times bestseller (Louise Patler) and IBM's VP for Global Engagement is looking over my resume to give tips and see if I match any IBM positions.  I am lucky.
 
Expect tons of photos when I get into Cape Town Sunday, internet there should be great..